- “To make fine Bysket bread.” From Thomas Dawson, The good husvvifes ievvell VVherein is to be found most excellent and rare deuises for conceits in cookerie … (London, 1587).
- “To make a Tart of Hippes.” Ibid.
- “Chocolate.” From Antonio Colmenero de Ledesma, Chocolate, or An Indian drink … (1652).
- “To make a Potatoe Pie.” From Joseph Cooper, The Art of Cookery Refin’d … (London, 1654).
- “To make an Excellent Cake.” From MS 7745, “English Recipe Book,” late 17th c., Wellcome Library.
- “To make [G]umballs [?].” Ibid.
- “Excellent Mustard,” BNF Ms. Fr. 640
* Images were used from the Wellcome Library, London, via a Creative Commons license, and from Early English Books Online, by fair use for educational purposes.